Kamado Joe Junior.
The kamado, an old BBQ in the Asian style, is a thick-walled oven that gives a rich smoked flavor to meats, fish and vegetables. For centuries almost unchanged, the air flows in a kamado ceramic furnace through its ceramic body and comes out through its ventilated dome, the charcoal is revived, like smoke and heat.
Kamado Joe is proud to make use of this tradition, modernizing the style of the classic grill with an unrivaled craftsmanship, innovative accessories and a series of flexible cooking surfaces. And since our first barbecue, We know that the kamado is more than just an oven, the cooking in a kamado ceramic oven is a way of life. A decade has passed since the beginning of our company, we have realized that we are not the only followers of Kamado Joe who think so. More than the awards, more than the recognition achieved by our ovens and accessories and more than the satisfaction of knowing that our designs perform better than any other available in the market, we have the honor of belonging to a community of people that shares our passion for a truly unique outdoor barbecue experience.
It has many advantages, for example you can smoke or not to taste, you can regulate the temperature on the fly as it has never been achieved either in a wood oven or in a traditional kitchen. Due to its design, the distribution of heat is uniform, there are no hot spots. It is much more economical and clean.
The Kamado Joe’s innovative Joe Jr. Perfect for the beach, picnics, pool parties, camping, and more, Joe Jr. weighs only 30 kg and boasts a 954 cm2 cooking surface, an ample space for a full beer-can chicken with vegetables. The thick-walled ceramic body locks in heat, moisture, and flavour, and the heat deflector plate allows cooks to experiment with indirect heat for more flexible cooking.
You decide if you want to cook:
1. With direct heat: coal or iron.
2. With indirect calorie: oven.
3. At low temperature and very slowly, or at traditional temperatures.
4. With or without smoke.
5. As a railway pot: to make stews in the kamado.
6. As a smoker.
If the baffle is used, (which is one of the accessories included), it meets Indirect heat, the hot air cooks it like a wood-burning oven.
If the deflector is not used, it is cooked with direct heat, the food is placed directly on the embers, it is like a barbecue, but you can control the temperature to your taste, and the low temperatures can smoke the pieces to your taste.
If you have a kitchen below ± 150 ° C, we talk about cooking at low temperature, and consequently you have more time, at ± 100 ° C, there are recipes that are completed in 10-14 hours, it is the authentic "Slow Cooking". And also, choose whether you do it with or without smoke. As a railway pot, it is when the pot is on the grill over the embers, and the reference method for making the stews.
The unique kamado cooking experience is transportable with Kamado Joe’s innovative Joe Jr. Perfect for the beach, picnics, pool parties, camping, and more, Joe Jr. weighs only 30 kg and boasts a 954 cm2 cooking surface, an ample space for a full beer-can chicken with vegetables. The thick-walled ceramic body locks in heat, moisture, and flavour, and the heat deflector plate allows cooks to experiment with indirect heat for more flexible cooking.
Accessories included with this Kamado Joe Junior:
- Cast Iron Stand.
- Built-in Thermometer.
- Stainless Steel Cooking Grate.
- Ceramic Heat Deflector.
- Grill Gripper.
- Ash Tool.
- Base and Lid made of High Fire Heat-Resistant Ceramics.
- Glaze made of Heat-Resistand Ceramic Coating.
- Top Vent made of Powder-Coated Cast Iron.
- Grill Grate made of 304 Stainless Steel.
- Fire Box/Ring made of High-Fire Heat-Resistant Ceramics.
- Handles/Shelves made of HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene).
- Hinge made of Powder-Coated Galvanized Iron.
- Draft Door made of 304 Stainless Steel.
- Support made of Powder-Coated Cast Iron.
- Heat Range: 82°C – 399°C.
- Dimensions with stand: 68,5 cm Height x 50,1 cm Width x 52,7 cm Depth.
- Dimensions without stand: 55,8 cm Height x 40,6 cm Width x 52,7 cm Depth.
- Main cooking surface: 34,2 cm diameter.
- Weight: 30,8 kg.
- Manufacturer: Kamado Joe
- Limited Lifetime Warranty on Ceramic Parts.
- 5 Years Warranty on Metal Parts.
- 2 Years on all other parts.